Sunday, November 24, 2013

Leopard Layers :: Fur Vest & Jean Jacket

  
Faux Fur Vest :: H&M (similar here)
  Jean Jacket:: Gap (here)
Dress :: Phillip Lim for Target (here
Boots :: Zara (splurge here)
Bag :: Phillip Lim for Target travel bag (here)

The extreme temperature drop in Boston today has put me in an arctic state of mind. One of the things I love doing during the winter is layering my fur vest over or under everything to stay warm as well as create interesting textures. As a layering piece, it’s a practical investment to keep you cozy on those frigid days. As a statement piece, a fur vest adds interest to any outfit with its luxurious texture.  Here I layered my fur vest over a leopard dress to break up the palette and added a jean jacket to blend everything together; this gives the outfit an understated yet chic look. The trick to wearing any fur piece is to avoid looking like Cruella DeVille through a careful balance of color and volume. Add a bit of sparkle to your accessory such as these earrings from Anjolee and you'll feel like the most glamorous girl at the next holiday party!

7 comments:

  1. I love these boost tooooo!!!!

    Greets from the EDELFABRIK
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fur vest over the jean jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful, love tha yellow dress!

    Special giveaway on my blog dear!

    http://www.udontthinktwice.com/2013/11/special-giveaway-illustration.html

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so chic!!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? let me know! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! You have such a great day! Have an amazing day :)

    mfashionfreak♥blog
    facebookpage

    I would really appreciate if you would check out my facebook page and I'd love to follow you if you do the same for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog but see you haven't posted in a while - bummer because your style is beautiful dear!!

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I welcome and read every comment, and will make every effort to reciprocate. If you enjoy my blog, please follow me using Google Friend Connect, Twitter and/or BlogLovin'. Have an awesome day - Thu